Project Engineer/Estimator – Residential Construction
PROJECT ENGINEER/ESTIMATOR – Residential Construction
We are looking for a bright and driven Project Engineer/Estimator who can effectively, efficiently, and accurately aid in our Pre-Construction Program – preparing budgets, schedules, and construction documents for unique custom homes and renovation projects.
As a company, we strive to be one of the top employers in Maine and pride ourselves on offering a positive, healthy, and creative work environment.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Six weeks Paid Time Off per year
- 9 paid holiday
- Employer-sponsored health benefits and group dental/vision plans
- Cell Phone stipend
- Employer matched retirement plan (401k)
- Profit-sharing opportunities
- Paid Parental Time
- A great company culture with the opportunity to collaborate closely with architects and millworkers
- Company events and get-togethers
- A really awesome and talented group of people to work with every day!
You will be expected to work independently to develop construction estimates by:
- Performing accurate materials take-offs
- Ensure that policies and procedures are followed to protect company assets and exceed client expectations
- Effectively communicate with co-workers through written and oral communication.
- Assist in developing project schedules
You will work on the following:
- Solicit bids from our trade partners, subcontractors, and vendors
- Work with Project Managers to forecast project labor needs
- Assist Pre-Construction Manager with developing construction contract documents
- Record, analyze, and use historical data to improve the quality of estimates
Your experience should reflect the following:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of residential construction and have a willingness to continue learning.
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage
- Experience assembling and reviewing budgets and schedules
- Ease both in an office and construction site environment
- Composure and a positive attitude under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency using Excel or similar spreadsheet software as well as familiarity with construction project management software (i.e. Procore, Smartsheet, G Suite tools)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Construction Management or similar (preferred but not required) with a minimum of 2 years’ experience within Construction (Residential preferred)
Please introduce yourself, describe your relevant work experience, and why you would be a great addition to our team. Include an up-to-date resume.